Saturday, November 21, 2009

More fun and surprises!

The front apron had seen better days and needed to be replaced. Cleaned out the engine bay, and repainted the whole area and replace the drum brakes with disc brakes.

Here is the driver side apron.  Had a big crack in it.  I asked the guy I bough it from, "what happened?"  He said, "I don't know".  My best guess from my examination is than someone hit a tree on the drivers side.  Then the tow truck hooked a hook and chain to the rear floor support in the trunk. Thus causing the rip in the support brace.  My calculations Dr. Watson.


Fitting the panel.  All panels are no the same from where you buy them.  Most don't fit right. Make sure you are happy with the fit and it looks right or replace it or fix the problem.






Cleaned it all up with a lot of work.  4 drills, and dozens of wire wheels.

Paint. 



Putting in the disc brakes set up.




No comments:

Post a Comment