Sunday, November 22, 2009

Junk in the trunk!

I removed the undercoating from the trunk. I used a putty knife, screw driver and a hammer and wire wheel on a drill to clean off the undercoating.  They used it to cover up the rust.  A lot and very often.  The whole under-carriage was covered in undercoating to hide the poor work done and the rust. 



Got down to the rust and repaired the sections.  The metal was paper thin and had holes.  I had to replace parts of the inner wheel-well due to rust and repaired small sections as needed.





Wire wheel brush on a drill cleans the whole area very well. 


I spent a very long time working in this area.  It will be covered with a mat, but I try to make sure everything was cleaned up like new metal.   You can't see it but I can!





Primer paint



This area above saw a lot of rust.  I rebuilt parts of this area using scrap metal and forming to fit.  Welding and cleaning it up.  Yes I know it's in the trunk an no one would see it.  I did, so I fixed it.





I will shoot another coat of paint when I paint the whole car.


No comments:

Post a Comment