While I am repairing panels and detailing parts, I began working in the convertible top well area. I cleaned up and removed the old seam sealer and prep the area for primer.
I cleaned it up with a wire wheel brush on a drill. One small section had some surface rust. Painted that area with POR15.
Let it dry.
Apply a little seam sealer on the edge of the panels. I found some black cloth tape in this area on the edge of the panels when I was cleaning it up with a wire-wheel. I'll research this tape more. I know it was used to hold down wiring and I found it used to block off a large oval hole by the top frame and rear quarter window.
A little on the teeth :-)
Let it set up.
A little paint.
Take the rag top off next. I should have done it before this clean up. I'll post that next.