Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fender Action

Many moons ago...

 Happy New Years!  I know I have not posted an update in a few months, so I will do my best to get up to speed.  I started a new job and got the commute synced so I can get home and still have time for family and the Mustang.

I was working on the passenger fender in a previous blog and I tried to save it since it was the original fender that came with the car.  But the fender had so much body filler, the lower fender had a panel welded on top of the rusted lower back portion and then more damage and rust.  I thought I could make it work.  Replaced the lower section, bumped out the dents, worked the metal and when I thought I had it, it didn't fit.  Way off on the alignment.  So I did what I had to and bought a replacement Ford fender.  Cost more than the aftermarket fenders but I'm trying to go original as much as possible.

 Painted it the brown base coat that I found on the original fender.

Test fit and all looks good.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I don't end up in your position of buying new fenders. I know the ones I have will need some rust repair. But if they don't work, I'll get the original Ford stamped fenders like you. It looks like they are good quality. Good to see you back!