Friday, January 8, 2010

The heat is on!

It is 22 degrees outside and dropping but it's 70 degrees in the garage!

I bought these outdoor heaters from Costco a while back(the bright red glowing  things on the wall).  But nothing warms up the room like the propane heater.  I also got a couple of kerosene heaters but right now the propane was the cheapest for the amount of heat. Even though the garage is insulated, it is very drafty.  I even have a hole in the ceiling with a box fan to help flow the fumes out of the garage when I paint or weld.  But I still have to open the door from time to time or go out for fresh air.  But for working in the garage this is good heat.  During the summer I got stand up fans and AC!  That metal duct work in the back is for the AC.  (AC not shown).  Back to work.  I just primed a part and need to do some more sanding.

I really need a bigger garage!  :-)




2009 Blizzard


Another pic of the garage heaters in 2009.




I use the propane heater when it is really cold out. The wall heaters usually work fine until we get a long cold spell like we had this season. 

  This one has a ceramic back and is very quite. So quite I have to do a double check just to make sure I turned it off at night.  When I change the tanks I check all the fittings with 409 or Windex to make sure there is no leaks.  Tonight things didn't smell right and I did a soap test (409) and one of the hoses was leaking.  Shut it all down and fixed the leak with a new clamp.  Checked again and all is good!  The heat is on!    





No comments:

Post a Comment